Avatar Logistics AB – barge shipping company and barge-logistics provider – arranges together with the EU EMMA Extension project*, the Swedish Barge Conference 2020. The conference will be held in Stockholm, Sweden, May 7, 2020.
Swedish Barge Conference 2020
The focus on climate goals and the need to future-proof a sustainable and efficient transport system is increasing. This includes a stronger interest in inland navigation and the use of inland waterways. The half-day conference will highlight how the EU views the inland navigation opportunities and how the EU plans for the strategic mix of three modes in the EU inland transportation system. The conference will also address the aim for and necessity of a harmonized EU inland waterways transport legislation.
Participating speakers will come from:
- the Central Commission for the navigation on the Rhine (CCNR adopted a Resolution creating a European committee for drawing up standards in the field of inland navigation)
- different organizations, as the EDINNA, the organization working with the harmonized education, training and certification system for inland waterways personnel
- PLANCO Consulting in Germany, a research company working within the transport sector, urban and rural development as well as spatial planning
- the Dutch barge- and logistics provider VT Group specialized in inland tanker shipping
- Port of Hamburg Marketing (lead partner EMMA Extension Project)
- Key Swedish stakeholders will speak about Swedish opportunities and challenges
A detailed program will be distributed in a couple of weeks.
The conference will end with a closing “barge-mingle” where all speakers will be present to answer questions, views can be shared and opinions about inland navigation discussed.
FACTS ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
- Day/time: May 7 2020, 13:00 - 17:00 h + a barge-mingle with speakers and participants (17:00 - 19:00 h)
- Venue: Internetstiftelsen, Hammarby Kaj 10D, Hammarby Sjöstad, Stockholm. The building is just at the quay-side where Avatar Logistics’ MS JEHANDER 1 unloads aggregates directly to the cement factory.
- Registration: Latest Monday April 27 to email@example.com
- Conference fee: The conference is free of charge, but no-shows and registrations cancelled later than April 27, will be debited Euro 50
- More information: Anna Hammargren, firstname.lastname@example.org
Most welcome to the Swedish Barge Conference 2020!